Technics SB-C600 Compact Bookshelf Speaker System
“When hearing the name ‘Technics’, most hi-fi and music lovers immediately think of our legendary turntables,” Frank Balzuweit, European Technics product manager explains.
“However, the first Technics product ever built, back in 1965, was a small 2-way bookshelf speaker system. This design set a new performance level for compact speakers at the time.”
“It is no longer a big challenge to be able to design huge speaker systems capable of a large, realistic performance.
However, to be able to craft a very compact speaker system that can recreate a spacious, ‘concert hall’ experience in the home – revealing every detail with vibrancy, yet with power and a large soundstage – requires advanced expertise.
Technics’ engineers have made best use of their know-how, perfectly demonstrated in the new SB-C600 speaker system.”
The SB-C600 is a compact 2-way bass reflex speaker with a unique coaxial drive unit working as a point source, built on the ‘Linear Phase’ principle. Technologically, it borrows many aspects from its bigger brother, the Technics SB-G90M2 speaker system.
With the new SB-C600, thorough CAE analysis was used to optimise drivers, elements and enclosure structures to efficiently eliminate unwanted vibrations and distortions, and to significantly improve overall clarity and performance quality.
- Phase Precision Driver, emulating the driver in the SB-G90M2 floorstanding speaker, consisting of a 15cm large-diameter woofer, accompanied by a 25mm aluminium dome tweeter
- Linear Phase Plug, as used in the SB-G90M2, suppressing unwanted phase disturbance, thus enabling a seamless integration of mid and high range, with a natural sound free of distortion
- Balanced Driver Mounting Architecture (BDMA), fixing the driver to an inner Speaker Mount Baffle in the centre of gravity around the magnet, thus preventing tumbling motion. This eliminates unnecessary vibration of the sound wall for higher purity of sound
- Front port with accurate curve and vortex generators designed via airflow analysis to eliminate any ventilating noise
- Rigid cabinet with inner Speaker Mount Baffle suppressing vibrations for an ultimately natural sound with superb timing and soundstage