Technics SP-25 Direct Drive Turntable + Pro-Ject 9cc Evolution Tonearm
Technics SP-25 Quarz Synthesizer Direct Drive Turntable in Mint Condition
When you are looking for the best turntable your money can buy, it makes sense to see what professionals choose.
In a vast number of cases that means a turntable from Technics, the originator of direct drive turntables.
For example, the SP-10MKII was original designed for home use but soon gained favorable reputation among broadcasters in over 25 countries around the world.
The SP-25 offers you a similarly high professional standard of excellence, plus the kind of flexibility and convenience that is important for home use.
Features include total quarz-locked pitch control within +/- 6% range from rated speeds, full cycle detection FG, extremely high torque for faster starts and load stability
Large turntable platter with extra-high moment of inertia, electronic braking system, integral rotor/platter motor construction, and highly effective damping.
Total Quarz-Locked Continuous Pitch Adjustment within +/-6%
Quartz-Locked control means virtually perfect speed accuracy.
But in most quarz-controlled turntables, this accurate speed control circuit must be defeated when pitch changes are required.
Now, with the SP-25, pitch variable continuously (analogically) by up to +/-6% under total quartz-locked control.
The +/-6% pitch control is effected by operating a rotary knob, precision scales are provided for your reference.
With this precision system you can match the pitch of a record to that of a musical instrument, or expand and compress playing times to fit a given broascast time slot.
Single-row platter markings and quartz oscillated strobe illuminator are also provided indicating exact 33-1/3 or 45 rpm rated speed.
High Torque for Fast Starts
The integral rotor/platter motor delivers 1.5 kg.cm (1.3 lb.in) of starting torque.
Thishigh torque gives very quick starts enabling the platter to reach 33-1/3 rpm with 0.7 sec, a quarter of a turn.
This is a big advantage in many professional applications where fast cueing is a necessity.
Excellent Load Characteristics for Steady Speed
Speed fluctuation due to load torque (caused by tonearm or record cleanerdrag) is virtually eliminated thanks to the elaborate electronic circuits.
It is 0% within 1.0 kg.cm (0.87 lb.in)
If you could place 100 tonearms tracking 2 grams each on this turntable, it would still rotate at precisely the chosen speed.
Large Turntable Platter with Threefold Damping
To isolate the turntable and damp out external vibration, the large 33.9 cm aluminium diecast turntable platter of the SP-25 is damped on three surfaces.
Specially fabricated rubber matting is placed in the underside along with inderside rim of the turntable platter.
And the thick turntable sheet (rubber matting) covers the top of the platter.
As a result, acoustic isolation is maintained even at high, sound pressure levels.
Precision Diecast Aluminium Base
Like the platter itself, the turntable base is made of precision-made diecast aluminium.
Thanks to this turntable base and other anti-resonance measures incorporated in the SP-25, this turntable exhibits excellent resistance to acoustic feedback.
Other Fine Features
- Quick stop is achieved with a fully electronic braking system
- Soft-touch start, stop and power on/off switches allowing precision control capability without the annoyance of accidental operation
- Technics famous integral rotor/platter motor construction with full cycle detection FG.
Pro-Ject 9cc Evolution Tonearm Brand New !
9" precision tonearm with carbon-fibre armtube
The tonearm’s design efficiently leads parasitic vibrations away from the cartridge into the mounting board,
guarantees the precise tracing of the record groove by the needle and also facilitates fine adjustment of vertical and horizontal tracing.
Free bonus an ex demo tested cartridge from Dynavector the DV-10X4 included!
The tonearm with Dynavector are aligned as VTA, Azimuth, Alignment, VTR- and anti-Skating.
- The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
- Inverted bearing design with four ABEC7 spec ballraces.
- Arm bearing housing of solid ring type. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
- Sorbothane® -damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
- Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
- Straight armtube reduces toe-in error.
- Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit arm height.
- The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
- With 5-pole standard socket, flying leads added on RCA terminal.
New Design Turntable Base with Santos Palisander Fineer
The specially designed turntable base has been manufactured with high precision and has several feautures including the Technics logo.
Exclusive Santos Palisander fineer on 22 mm mdf material.
Pure high gloss transparent lacquer, based on 3 + 5 layers.
New designed tonearm base.
New adjsutable insulator cuschions Feet.
Internal spirit level to level/control the turntable easily.
Gold plated phono cable terminal allow detachment of the phono cable. The phono terminals are gold-plated to minimise sound quality degradation. Since the terminals allow disconnection of the cables, maintenance of the cables is easier and you can choose your own specific cable.
New design dust cover with hinges.
Technical Specifications Technics SP-25
- Quarz Synthesizer Direct Drive
- Motor Brushless DC motor
- Control method Quartz-phase-locked control
- Turntable platter Aluminium diecast, diameter 33.9cm (13-11/32”), weight 2.0kg (4.4 lb)
- Speeds 33-1/3, 45 rpm
- Speed adjustment range +/- 6%
- Starting torque 1.5kg.cm (1.3 lb.in.)
- Start-up time 0.7 sec (to 33-1/3 rpm from standstill)
- Braking system Electronic brake
- Wow and flutter 0.01% WRMS turntable assembly only 0.025% WRMS (JIS C5521) +/-0.035% peak (IEC 98A weighted)
- Rumble -78db DIN B (IEC 98A weighted) +56dB DIN A (IEC 98A unweighted)
- Voltage AC 220-240V 50Hz 11W
Technical Specifications Pro-Ject 9cc Evolution Tonearm
- Headshell. 0.5" (12.7mm) Standard.
- Mounting Distance. 212mm (platter to Tonearm Base, Linn Standard Mount)
- Supplied with three Counterweights
- Counterweight No. 28 - Suitable for Cartridges weighing between 5-7.5g
- Counterweight No. 46 - Suitable for Cartridges weighing between 7-10g
- Counterweight No. 29 - Suitable for Cartridges weighing betwen 10-14g
- Downforce Range. 10-35mN.
- Effective Length. 9" (230mm)
- Effective Mass. 8g.
- Overhang. 18mm.